San Diego-based HempMeds has developed cannabis PET FOOD, treats and oils that help animals that may suffer from anxiety, digestive issues, seizures and more.
Rob Streisfeld, a consultant for HempMeds, says CBD is naturally found in the cannabis plant, and will not get your dogs and cats stoned.
“It’s non-psychoactive, so it doesn’t get your pets high,” Streisfeld said.”It does have tremendous benefits and potential to help with seizures, anxiety and all other benefits regarding neuro-protection.”
CBD is still being heavily-researched for medicinal use, says Streisfeld. But Andrew Hard, a spokesman for HempMeds, says the regulatory process is much slower for pets than it is for people.
“Bizarrely enough we have products out there for people right now, but for animals its moving much more slowly,” he says. “Sometimes the regulation for animals is more stringent than it is for people.”
HempMeds eventually will need to secure regulatory approval, but the company says it already has accepted orders.
Tackling traumatic head injury
KannaLife Sciences, based in West Hills, New York, is hoping to tackle traumatic BRAIN INJURIES with CBD-focused applications.
The company signed a license with the National Institutes of Health in August to develop treatments, which in turn will seek Food and Drug Administration approval in the next three to five years.
KannaLife hopes its products will help treat degenerative brain diseases for patients—including professional athletes.
The medications are designed to help those with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy or CTE, which is a degenerative brain ailment found in professional athletes, alongside Hepatic Encephalopathy or HE, which is a loss of brain function due to liver disease, according to Dean Petkanas, founder and chief executive of KannaLife.
“We think we can bring a product to market that can be a neuro-protectant and can prevent neuronal decay,” Petkanas says.
Marvin Washington, former NFL player and KannaLife spokesman, has been outspoken about the need to develop a CBD-based drug for professional athletes as an alternative to the PRESCRIPTION DRUGSthey are currently given.
“The pain pills they’re taking now, I think they’re heavy on your lungs and kidneys,” Washington said. “They can eat the lining up out of your stomach,” he said.
SHATTERED INDUSTIRES ARE TAKING IT TO THE EDGE WITH THEIR NEW EXCLUSIVE CLOTHING RANGE AND ADRENALINE SPORTS TEAM, I WAS KINDLY INVITED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW RANGE AND SOME OF HEAD HONCHO JO BENTLEYS CUSTOM RIDES. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I WAS GENUINLY VERY IMPRESSED BY THESE CRAZY 3 WHEELED RIDES AND THE NEW DESIGNS SHATTERED INDUSTRIES HAD TO OFFER. BE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS BRAND, FOR MORE INFO AND UPDATES BE SURE TO GO GIVE THEM A LIKE ON FACEBOOK AND CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE.
1. Beach Club x Relic – Fool Me (Dred Collective)
2. Beach Club x Relic – Another Day In The Hood (Good Street Records)
3. Prodigy – C H A R L Y // Beach Club x Relic Remix (Dred Collective)
4. Juke Ellington – Shit From Space // Beach Club x Relic Remix (Unreleased)
5. D-Dots x Thunderbird Jukebox – Ghetto // Beach Club X Relic Remix (Do Androids Dance)
6. Beach Club x Relic – Cosmic Rims (Dred Collective)
7. Beach Club x Relic – Poppin Yo Ass (Good Street Records)
8. Juke Ellington – Milkyway // Beach Club x Relic Remix
9. Beach Club x Relic – Enlightenment (Dred Collective)
10. Beach Club x Relic – Second Wave (Dred Collective)
11. Beach Club x Relic – One Sixty Soul (Dred Collective)
12. Xpansions – Move Your Body // Beach Club x Relic Remix (Dred Collective)
13. Bizarre Inc – Playing With Knives // Beach Club x Relic Remix (Dred Collective)
14. Beach Club x Relic – What Ya Smokin’ On? // Skimatix Remix (Toke Clothing Exclusive)
15. Beach Club x Relic – Cumulus (Good Street Records)